When you hire an attorney, you want someone with not only compassion but tenacity and excellent legal skills. With Ryan Schultz, you get them all.
Ryan Schultz practices primarily in the area of family law and business litigation. He has experience in the world of family law, having litigated all aspects of this area of the law, including but not limited to, child custody and child support, post separation support and alimony, equitable distribution and termination of parental rights. Mr. Schultz has also successfully represented businesses and various other entitles in legal formation and contract disputes.
Previous to Mr. Schultz’s work as an attorney, he worked as a corporate investigator with Kroll & Associates in Los Angeles. Mr. Schultz conducted Investigations into missing money accounts, disclosure of trade secrets and prevention of hostile takeovers for Fortune 500 clients. His experience as a white collar investigator gives him a unique perspective when handling equitable distribution cases and business disputes.
Ryan Schultz has successfully litigated cases ranging from complex equitable distribution cases to breaches of contract to alimony/support issues. Mr. Schultz custom crafts solution to your problems, and disdains one-size-fits-all litigation that has become prevalent in today’s courtrooms. His eye as an investigator and his skills in the courtroom create an environment that allows him to solve your most difficult legal issue.
- Family Law Council Member (invitation only)
- North Carolina Bar Association Presenter: “Equitable Distribution and Bankruptcy: Together again for the first time” – January 26, 2016
- North Carolina Bar Association Presenter: Spoliation of Evidence, July 21, 2012
- New Hanover Bar Association Member
- Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- As seen on WWAY News
- 4ALL Statewide Volunteer
Areas of Practice
- Equitable Distribution
- Business Litigation
- Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Separation Agreements and Prenuptial Agreements
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 2008
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2006
- University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- B.A. – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Family Law Council, 2015 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Alimony Committee, 2015 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- North Carolina Continuing Legal Education, Together Again For The First Time, Equitable Distribution and Bankruptcy.
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Ryan Schultz, Lawyer/Owner, 2010 – 2011
- Kron & Associates, Investigator, 2007 – 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- 4ALL Statewide Ask a Lawyer Day, 2010 – Present
If you've got a situation, we can help.
We have decades of experience dealing with a wide range of legal issues and pride ourselves on creating favorable outcomes for our clients. Let’s schedule an initial consultation so we can learn more about each other and to see how we can help you and your situation.