Dealing with the court system is often scary and confusing. Ashley has the skills, knowledge, and empathy to walk you through the process with ease and clarity.
Mrs. Grim is a native to North Carolina, born and raised in Fayetteville. She graduated cum laude from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies with a Minor in Pre-Law. Mrs. Grim then went on to attend Elon University School of Law where she served on the Moot Court Board, as President of the Family Law Society, and as Secretary of the Women’s Law Association. Following graduation, Mrs. Grim moved back to Wilmington to practice law and to invest herself in the community she loves so much.
Mrs. Grim joined the Lea/Schultz team in March 2019. Prior to joining the firm, she gained experience in the practice areas of family law, civil litigation, criminal law, and estate planning. Mrs. Grim enjoys spending time at the beach with her husband and their miniature golden doodle Obi-Wan.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law • Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Estate Administration Law
- Business Litigation
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Coastal Women Attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Family Law Student Award from the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, North Carolina Chapter (2018)
- Elon Law Moot Court Board, Hospitality Co-Chair for the Billings, Exum, and Frye National Moot Court Competition (2017), Member (2016-2018)