Ryan Schultz practices primarily in the area of family law and business litigation. He has experience in the world of family law, having litigated all aspects of this area of the law, including but not limited to, child custody and child support, post separation support and alimony, equitable distribution and termination of parental rights. Mr. Schultz has also successfully represented businesses and various other entitles in legal formation and contract disputes.
Previous to Mr. Schultz’s work as an attorney, he worked as a corporate investigator with Kroll & Associates in Los Angeles. Mr. Schultz conducted Investigations into missing money accounts, disclosure of trade secrets and prevention of hostile takeovers for Fortune 500 clients. His experience as a white collar investigator gives him a unique perspective when handling equitable distribution cases and business disputes.
Ryan Schultz has successfully litigated cases ranging from complex equitable distribution cases to breaches of contract to alimony/support issues. Mr. Schultz custom crafts solution to your problems, and disdains one-size-fits-all litigation that has become prevalent in today’s courtrooms. His eye as an investigator and his skills in the courtroom create an environment that allows him to solve your most difficult legal issue.
Ryan Schultz is a member of the prestigious Family Law Council for the State Bar Association and is also a member of the Alimony Committee for the North Carolina Bar Association. Inclusion on the Family Law Council is by invitation only.
Ryan is a member of the New Hanover County Bar Association, North Carolina State Bar Association and the Trial Lawyers of America. He is also an active member of the Cape Fear Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation and is a volunteer at the Cape Fear Literacy Council and for the 4ALL Statewide Ask a Lawyer Program.
Areas of Practice
- Equitable Distribution
- Business Litigation
- Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Separation Agreements and Prenuptial Agreements
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 2008
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2006
- University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- B.A. – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Family Law Council, 2015 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Alimony Committee, 2015 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2009 – Present
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- North Carolina Continuing Legal Education, Together Again For The First Time, Equitable Distribution and Bankruptcy.
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Ryan Schultz, Lawyer/Owner, 2010 – 2011
- Kron & Associates, Investigator, 2007 – 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- 4ALL Statewide Ask a Lawyer Day, 2010 – Present
If you've got a situation, we can help.
We have decades of experience dealing with a wide range of legal issues and pride ourselves on creating favorable outcomes for our clients. Let’s schedule an initial consultation so we can learn more about each other and to see how we can help you and your situation.